Kudos online is a UK based lifestyle company and has a range of social media platforms. In this document we outline how we ensure privacy for our users.
What information we obtain
- Information you provide when you use the Digital Services or order related content, products or services; include when you sign up for newsletters, order subscriptions; create an account or register for membership through the digital services or via subscription forms. This may include your contact, payment, or demographic information.
- Information you submit when you choose to participate in a survey, sweepstakes, competition, promotion, event or similar initiative.
- Information you give us about others, such as a friend’s contact information when you order a gift subscription.
How we use information we obtain and our legal bases for doing so
- Precise location information associated with your device when location services are active.
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as business partners, data suppliers and social media platforms.
- To process your requests and subscriptions and provide you with the Digital Services, including, to deliver customised content or recommendations. Note that we use your payment information (such as your card number and expiration date) for limited purposes — to process your transaction (including recurring payments, if applicable), provide you with the requested products or services and to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- To learn about users of the Digital Services and analyse how you and others interact with and respond to the Digital Services.
- To communicate with you, including to send you marketing and promotional communications.
- For advertising and marketing purposes, including to deliver interest-based ads, for cross-device linking and to analyse the performance of advertising and marketing activities.
- To protect our rights and the rights of others.
- We process personal information for different purposes on the following legal bases: to perform our contract with you, to pursue our legitimate interests, to comply with our legal obligations and otherwise with your consent or at your direction. We provide more specific information on legal bases for processing.
How we share information
- Within Kudos.
- With service providers that perform services or handle transactions on our behalf.
- With advertisers, advertising- and marketing-related services providers and partners as well as companies that help us learn how you and others interact with our content.
- With social media platforms and similar services, including when you interact with our Digital Services that integrate tools and services provided by social media platforms.
- With business partners, such as when we partner with a third party to offer products or services on a co-branded basis.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our rights, and in the context of corporate transactions.
- With your consent or otherwise at your direction.
Your choices, including marketing and interest-based Ads opt-outs
- You can take steps to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising on your browser or mobile device.
- You can unsubscribe from our marketing or promotional emails by clicking the 'Unsubscribe' link in our emails.
- We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
- We delete your data when it is no longer required for legitimate business or legal reasons.
- We put appropriate safeguards in place to protect your data when it is transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that does not have similar data protection laws to the European Union or United Kingdom.
- The Digital Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13.